Pizza Class In Anacapri with Francesco Civita
The most amazing pizza class there is!
This is hands down the best cooking class there is in Naples, let alone the island of Capri! Francesco Civita is a Neapolitan Chef who has traveled the world and cooked in all kinds of restaurants in Rome, Sorrento, London, Warsaw and Naples and is also our founder and General Manager. 46 years old and with an international background he is a proud father and devoted husband. His love for cooking started at a very early age when he would spend the weekends in the family kitchen observing his grandmother and mother while they prepared the traditional recipes of the Neapolitan culinary culture. Growing up he was gradually allowed to join in and slowly mastered all those rituals that are the foundation of Neapolitan cuisine. These fundamental experiences combined with the experience of one of the best culinary schools in Italy today he can interpret our most traditional dishes with a modern twist.
It's all about traditional Neapolitan cuisine and lifestyle. This class is hosted in his family holiday home on the island of Capri. More precisely in Anacapri, halfway down the windy road that leads to the Blue Grotto.
Francesco is a fun and happy person that transmits his love and passion for food through his classes and his fun attitude. Everything will be made, hands-on, by the participants under his supervision. He strongly believes in teaching his secrets and applies his motto "you learn better by doing than just observing" so be ready for doing everything yourselves! Cooking takes time, so a delicious Neapolitan homemade coffee will be served before the lesson to spark up your attention! During the class you will learn and taste about different types of tomatos, the differences between buffalo mozzarella, fiordilatte and provola affumicata (the three cheeses used on pizza), how to make a delicious appetizer made with pizza dough, and of course, you will make your own pizza, all accompanied by local wine, water, and soft drinks.
Recipes and pictures of the class will be emailed to you at the end of the day.
Please note that this class has a minimum quota of 2 participants, for single private lessons please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you with the details.
|Tour Departures||Duration||Running Days|
|10:30 AM||approx 3 to 4 hours||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday|
|05:30 PM||approx 3 to 4 hours||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday|
Villa Bergami, Via Tuoro 84, Anacapri
Villa Bergami, Via Tuoro 84, Anacapri
You will be welcomed at the villa by Francesco himself, he will be your host and instructor the Pizza Class. After a welcome espresso or glass of wine (depending on the time and your personal choice) he will introduce you to the subject and give you a general overview of what really happens in a Neapolitan pizzeria.
The subjects covered during the lesson will be:
- The professional brick oven run on wood and/or gas. Structure, temperature and uses.
- How to choose the right ingredients to make the perfect pizza dough (for the home oven and professional brick oven). So the right type of flour, yeast, tomatoes etc..
- Make your own pizza dough by hand.
- The different tomatoes used: origins, differences in looks, uses, flavors and tasting of each.
- How to make delicious deep-fried appetizers and tasting.
- The differences between Buffalo Mozzarella, Fior di Latte and Provola Affumicata and tasting.
- See how the pizza dough for a professional pizzeria is made (when possible).
- Dosing the dough into single pizza balls.
- How to choose seasonings and handle the dough to make a round pizza by hand.
- Choose the pizza of your choice and make it yourself under Francesco's experienced supervision.
The class lasts between two to three and a half hours (depending on the number of participants) and finishes with a friendly pizza party sitting at the table while eating the delicious pizza made during the class, one drink (soft drink, glass of wine, beer) and water included.